Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WE WANT LUCY HOME!!!

Ok we are trying this again. I wrote a blog post last night and it didn't post. AHH!!!! Anyways the title says it all. We are praying and praying for Lucy to be home by Christmas. We got our hopes up and a little too sure of ourselves when we received our NOC after 4 wks and we were quoted a possible wait time of 8-16 wks. Well this wk marks 8wks for a court date. We were quoted 8-16 wks for this as well. We have to keep reminding ourselves that God wants Lucy home with us (her family) more than we do. It's just very hard and I don't think people realize it. I have been ok until the past few days and it has just caught up to me. I have a child that needs their mom. I kiss my boys to sleep every night and I wonder if anyone kisses her goodnight. I know Mike feels the same way. I honestly try not to discuss it because I feel like I will fall apart if so.

 We really need patience. This reminds me of a song: While I'm Waiting by John Waller.

Pray for us.




5 comments:

  1. I will pray for you! I do think the adoption process is one of the most difficult things to deal with. I am so sorry the past few days have been extra difficult.

    I am glad you blogged...because I will pray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been praying for you guys this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so sorry! Your little girl does need to be home...praying that it is soon...very, very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying as well! You are right though, God adopted us first and He wants to see her home in your arms! Trusting with you in the Lords timing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori,

    Your post just suddenly brought back that ache we had in waiting for Dorothy. You never really forget. You move past it, and it doesn't hurt anymore when your child is finally home. BUT, in an instant, you can still recall the hurt and frustration and agony over lost days, weeks, years? with your child!

    Praying,
    Tisra

    ReplyDelete